Leidos is seeking an Incident Response Lead to join our team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
The Incident Response Lead will have the following:
In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
Expertise in Operating Systems (Windows/Linux) operations and artifacts
Understanding of Enterprise Network Architectures to include routing/switching, common protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc), and devices (Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, VPN, etc)
Ability to recognize suspicious activity/events, common attacker TTPs, perform logical analysis and research to determine root cause and scope of Incidents
Drive implementation and improvement of new tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies
Instill and reinforce industry best practices in the domains of incident response, cybersecurity analysis, case and knowledge management, and SOC operations
Promote and drive implementation of automation and process efficiencies
Familiarity with Cyber Kill Chain and ATT&CK Framework and how to leverage in Security Operations
Provide guidance and mentorship to improve analyst skill sets and ensure delivery of high quality analysis and work products
Establish trust and business relationships with customer and other relevant stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field and 12-15 years of experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics.
- 5+ years of supervising and/or managing teams
- 5+ years of intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- CISSP and SANS GCIH or GCIA required upon start
- Advanced knowledge in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) operations for a large and complex Enterprise
- Significant experience supervising and leading employees of various labor categories and technical skill levels in efforts similar in size and scope to a mature Security Operation
- Mature understanding of industry accepted standards for incident response actions and best practices related to SOC operations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Must have TS/SCI. In addition to specific security clearance requirements, all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization including prior experience performing large-scale incident response.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.