Leidos Civilian Health Solutions Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Citrix Engineer role will have experience in designing, implementing, managing and securing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Netscaler/ADC, and Citrix Cloud systems. You will be responsible for deployment and management of Virtual Apps and Desktops environment, Netscaler/ADC, and associated components. Assist in analysis, administration and support of Virtual Desktops as well as Virtual Apps solutions. Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment. Serve as mentor for Junior and mid-level Citrix Administrators. You will be required to troubleshoot and work with other technical functional groups and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues related to the Citrix environment.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Deploy and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and associated components such as StoreFront, Provisioning Services (PVS), Machine Creation Services (MCS), Director, User Profile Management (UPM), Delivery Controllers (DDC).
- Deploy, configure, and maintain non-persistent Citrix Virtual Desktops environments based on Windows and Server OS to meet business needs.
- Provide support to customers and developers to deliver their applications via Citrix Virtual Apps (published applications)
- Create, test, and maintain golden images utilizing Citrix App Layering technology.
- Design, architect, deploy NetScaler/ADC, to include Gateway, Rewrite/Response Policies, Certificate Management, VIP Configuration, and Traffic Analysis
- Be familiar with Citrix Cloud and its features such as Identity and Access Management (SAML 2.0, Citrix Gateway), Workspace Configuration, etc.
- Buildout Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops in Microsoft Azure
- Upgrade, patch, and migrate Citrix components as required.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Citrix site availability and performance issues and engage Citrix support as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation of Citrix processes.
- Troubleshoot end user issues related to Citrix solutions.
- Have knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, NFS, VMware and related enterprise management systems.
- Interact with other technical teams as needed (Datacom, Firewall, Storage, etc.).
- Participate in change control procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in a Citrix Engineering role within information technology or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong engineering experience in designing, implementing, managing, and securing Citrix XenApp and Netscaler systems.
- Strong understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix Apps and Desktops, PVS/MCS technologies, management of Citrix environment in Azure and on-premise datacenter via Citrix Cloud.
- Strong knowledge of application and desktop virtualization through an assortment of technologies including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Strong knowledge of StoreFront, Provisioning Services (PVS), Machine Creation Services (MCS), Director, User Profile Management (UPM), Delivery Controllers (DDC).
- Strong knowledge of App Layering technology.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix NetScaler/ADC.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Cloud and its components.
- Strong Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policy (GPO) management and Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Working knowledge of basic database administration functions.
- Experience in Desktop administration & troubleshooting (Windows 10) as well as Server based Citrix solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.