Looking for a change? Leidos has opportunities in the Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (ITW/AA) and Missile Defense mission areas.
The work includes trade studies, system engineering, model based system engineering, portfolio analysis, software development demonstration and product testing and deployment.
Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
This position will report directly to the System Engineering Lead.
• Develop and document red line recommendations for consideration to the Cheyenne Mountain Chief Scientist and NISSC II contractors
• Develop and recommend red lines to the Missile Warning Algorithm Document (MWAD)
• Develop demonstrations for changes that affect Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Data Integration Assessment
• Process and display data from new sources that includes the Global Data Integration (GDI) message types and the Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) messages on a Combatant Commanders Integrated Command and Control System (CCIC2S) display through iterative and incremental deliveries of the new data to the CCIC2S development environment
• Lead significant level efforts to establish connections for GDI which enable selected systems to enhance the missile warning mission
• Conduct research and development of options to meet customer and stakeholder requirements
• Develop trade studies to include analysis to determine links to the theater mission value and strategic mission value
• Demonstrated experience in missile defense systems such as C2BMC, CCIC2S and BMDS to include Missile Warning sensor messages
• Evaluate solutions to ensure they meet cybersecurity, configuration and change requirements
Coordinate with the System Engineering, Software Development and Deployment and Testing IPT Leads as required to ensure smooth product transition from inception to deployment
• Synthesize and research customer requirements to develop potential solutions and development of demonstration capabilities to showcase options
• Lead efforts to identify and recommend upgrades to Government owned message types and documentation
• Coordinate and negotiate with Government customers on the upgrade, refresh, or integration of new technologies
• Bachelor’s with 6 years of experience or Masters with 2 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Currently possess a Secret clearance
• General understanding of missile warning mission trades
• Knowledge of trades and trade studies
• Master's degree in associated field
• Understanding of missile warning message types
• Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.