Leidos is looking for a Software Developer to help support the GSM-O program in Key West, FL. Our team provides sustainment support for mission-critical applications and capabilities. Each system has its own specific requirements and infrastructure. Our effort encompasses system development, update and integration relying on sound data science to aggregate and correlate multiple datasets federated from multiple computing platforms and framework to update a family of systems that are unique to the environment. This work requires extensive knowledge in common high-level programming language, Web markup and programming languages and an understanding of low-level languages. Examples of the types of languages and tools requiring proficiency as part of these programming activities are below.
We are seeking a technical, self-motivated software developer to be versatile and flexible to changing priorities from multiple customers. Candidates must work well in an Agile Scrum environment and have a minimum Secret clearance to start (TS/SCI preferred).
Candidates local to Key West and available to report onsite to JIATF-S on a semi-regular basis are strongly preferred, but we are open to offering 100% telework to the right candidate (with occasional travel to Key West as necessary).
- Design, Build, Test software upgrades and modifications
- Troubleshoot software and system issues in a Agile scrum team
- Use technical expertise to suggest environment and process upgrades
- Implement COTS, and other third party, product updates
- BS Degree and 5 years experience; OR 9 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance or higher and be able to obtain TS/SCI in future
- Must have experience working with ReactJS
- Experience with Rest api,JSON, SOAP
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with code repository, (i.e. GIT/SVN)
- Experience with Postgre SQL
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with VM, Oracle
- Experience with Windows, Solaris/Linux OS (scripting, command line)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the use of debuggers
- If fully remote, must be willing to travel to job site in Key West, FL if/when necessary
- Active TS/SCI
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Mission Critical applications in an Operations environment
- Experience with AI/ML development
- Experience with UI/UX
- Experience with SAFe Agile of other Agile SW development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion/JIRA
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.