Are you ready to make an impact and join a creative, forward-thinking team? We’re looking for innovators and forward-thinkers to help us do great things.
Leidos is seeking a talented Network Capacity Engineer at Ft. Meade.
The selected candidate will direct discovery and planning activities associate with a large-scale complex migration planning effort. Leidos needs the best talent in the industry to accommodate the size, scope, and complexity of this effort. Ideal candidate is someone who enjoys and can direct the data analysis and capacity planning for networks, storage, server, cyber, and data center facilities infrastructure. A successful candidate will have an informed, established point of view not only about optimizing the network and system capacity and content delivery networks but also complex applications that make up the network infrastructure. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility.
•Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
· Analyze IT infrastructure data discovered from several government agencies to identify back-end capacity needs resulting from migration activity.
· Work closely with engineers performing discovery activities, and architects that are designing the infrastructure to support a consolidated shared service.
· Analyze the current network and systems architecture for high performance, availability and redundancy and provide guidance on capacity optimization.
· Leverage industry benchmarks and statistical analysis for trend analysis.
· Work on capacity planning tools to evaluate current and future state of network and systems and provide guidance and recommendations regarding future capacity growth.
· Analyze requirements from the business and determine when to scale up and scale down the infrastructure
· Compile data from various tools (CMDB) to aggregate the data and present this to executives across the organization.
· Interface with vendors to resolve technical issues with their equipment.
· Work with Leidos engineers and system vendors to develop forecasts based on an evaluation of current and future capacity needs. Facilitate decision making to define strategies and tactics that satisfy requirements.
· Engage with project teams on major initiatives to understand traffic volumes, workflows and hardware requirements to plan for adequate capacity.
· Generate and analyze network utilization reports to identify areas of growth and requirements for upgrades and expansion.
· Present performance and capacity reports and roadmap for critical project and cost analyses
· Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, application operations and engineering teams to discover resolutions.
· Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience in related field (i.e., Network Engineering, IP Video Delivery, Content Delivery Networks, Server Engineering, Storage Infrastructure, etc.); additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
· Strong analytical, budgeting and planning skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Consulting firm experience.
· Experience developing SQL queries.
· Experience with capacity planning tools.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.