The position of Leidos’ Category Manager will manage the contracts and supplier relationships for major groups of spend. The position is expected to become an expert in the particular field, understanding the market dynamics, sources of supply, influences on major suppliers, and the needs of internal Leidos stakeholders. The position will influence the renewals process of the business, actively track supplier performance, and develop metrics and publications for internal stakeholders, with the goal of helping the company to operate leaner, faster, and more effectively for indirect projects.
- Identify and manage the logistic relationships with major Leidos partners and their internal stakeholders
· Function as the Leidos market expert on a slate of internal projects to include logistics
- Regularly publish whitepapers and other internal status updates on project categories
· Perform regular executive-level presentations and projects under the guidance of the Vice President of Strategic Sourcing
- Understand current business and market dynamics, problems with those current dynamics, and possible solutions that use industry standard practices and current modeling technology
· Oversee data gathering, exploration and research into current industry trends, publishing the results to a wide technical, executive audience
- Regularly participate in new business proposal activity related to the category area. Must be willing to work long hours and occasional travel
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s preferred, in management or supply chain management or engineering or compliance
• Prior eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience of working within a supply chain engineering, subcontracts, or supplier quality role
• Experience in the area of Logistics (working with 3PL providers, etc.)
• Significant experience in conducting wide supplier or subcontractor competitions. Must include RFI, RFP, supplier selection, and supplier performance management. Must have experience performing these tasks under US Federal Government programs.
• Ability to analyze data, draw reasonable conclusions and make recommendations that withstand critical examination Ability to communicate complex analysis to all levels of the organization
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access functionality
• Demonstrate cross-functional business partnership
• Clear and concise communication skills, with experience presenting to senior executive levels
- Experience with various procurement platforms
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master market data
- Prior history developing policies and procedures for compliant procurement in a services environment
- Fundamental understanding of supplier performance management
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.