The Leidos Honolulu office is seeking a Supervising Electrical Engineer with experience working for a utility and/or utility consulting company. The successful candidate should have a background in utility distribution design for overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit projects for systems operating at 4 to 69 kV. Projects may include, but are not limited to, pole and equipment maintenance replacements; pole and line relocations; system improvements to accommodate utility-scale and residential solar; system reliability and resiliency upgrades (e.g., installation of circuit sectionalizing devices, replacement of manual with auto switchgear); overhead to underground conversions; cable replacements; etc.
• Manage a design team, including workload, schedule performance, and quality management; includes direct communication and coordination with client’s work authorization Designated Representative(s)
• Supervise and mentor engineers and designers, and be responsible for directing, monitoring and checking their work
• Support the Program Manager and Principal Engineer with client and program management functions, including ensuring client expectations are being met and pursuing new work
• Support Project Managers in maintaining compliance with project scope, budget and schedule, and reporting of project statuses
• Oversee performance of engineering and design calculations, including preparation of work permit applications
• Oversee the development of construction work packages for projects in urban, rural and commercial environments
• Oversee the development of project cost estimates and schedules
• Manage the execution of projects in compliance with client's engineering and construction standards, including relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., NESC)
• Support the selection, specification and procurement of project materials
• Support field engineering of project requirements, including the identification and coordination of conflicting utilities
• Support coordination with client Customer and Community Relations, Land, Environmental, Permitting, Operations, Planning, Construction, and other project stakeholders, including other Engineering Disciplines (e.g., Civil, Structural, Substation, Telecom, etc.) as applicable
• Requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 2+ years of experience
• Expertise with industry-related engineering software
• Knowledge of all relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., NESC)
• Experience with MicroStation and Bluebeam Revu is a plus
• Experience with O-Calc Pro (or similar) overhead design software
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Work effectively in a team environment or independently
• Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Proven ability to communicate with clients, management, direct reports and project teams
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel (primarily to neighboring islands) may be required
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.