The Leidos Honolulu office is seeking a Supervising Electrical Engineer to oversee engineers and designers responsible for reviewing and approving communication company applications for joint-pole attachments, including wireless and wireline facilities.
• Manage the engineering team’s technical performance of program responsibilities, including:
- conducting site design walks with communication companies,
- reviewing communication companies’ applications for attachment (typically consisting of drawings, photos, and pole loading analyses),
- identifying make ready work required to accommodate their attachment,
- preparing make ready cost estimates and proposals,
- preparing make ready designs (in compliance with client's engineering and construction standards, including relevant industry codes and standards) and issuing for construction,
- conducting pre-attachment site visits with communication companies,
- inspecting communication equipment installations (and changeovers), and
- preparing and issuing power connection service requests
• Supervise and mentor engineers and designers, and be responsible for directing, monitoring, and checking their work
• Support the Project Manager in managing workload of team and maintaining compliance with program timelines
• Support the Project Manager in coordinating application statuses with communication companies
• Coordinate with the client on the overall health of the program
• Requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree and 2+ years of experience
• Knowledge of all relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., NESC)
• Experience with O-Calc Pro (or similar) pole loading analysis software
• Experience with MicroStation and Bluebeam Revu is a plus
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Work effectively in a team environment or independently
• Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Proven ability to communicate with clients, management, direct reports and project teams
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel (primarily to neighboring islands) may be required
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.