Leidos is seeking an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for an integration team of approximately 10 - 15 engineers on a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program. The Leidos Transportation Solutions Team provides vital systems and support to the FAA on a variety of existing and Next Generation programs.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities will encompass full development lifecycle activities for large-scale systems in support of the FAA.
Engineering Manager responsibilities:
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the team, includes interviewing and evaluation of candidate new hires.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for applicable control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and manpower planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Responsible for management of development lifecycle activities for product teams(s) including design, integration and testing of features/fixes.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to product area(s) as needed.
• Cost, schedule, and resource management, as well as oversight for technical aspects of the product team(s).
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics. Implement Earned Value methodology (EVM) as required.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products in accordance with program requirements.
• Identify requirements for subcontractor support where applicable.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel; award programs and other employee personnel activities.
• Requires a BA/BS degree and with a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience on a large-scale software development program in a software engineering leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of full development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Understanding of configuration management tools and change tracking.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity. Planning and cost estimating experience.
• Familiarity with FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
• Working knowledge of new and emerging network technologies such as autonomous networking, SDN, NFV, Cloud, DevOps, SecDevOps
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience with execution of Waterfall and/or Agile development methodologies
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.