The Leidos Civil Group currently has Air Traffic Training – Remote Pilot Operator openings supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program in its Oklahoma City location.
This position will provide remote pilot operator support to the FAA Academy’s International Division. Leidos provides technical expertise on the concepts and principles contained in International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annexes and FAA Orders and Directives, as well as training on the automation used to support air traffic operations.
Duties will involve the functions involved in the performance of international air traffic training courses.
- Interacts with students in air traffic procedures and phraseology via classroom and simulator instruction for air traffic controller training.
- Acts as a pilot role player for international air traffic operations in both airport control tower and radar-controlled simulated air traffic environments.
- Interacts with automated systems to simulate pilot actions in international air traffic scenarios
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of performing remote pilot operations with a basic understanding of the following: airspace and operations in a tower environment, sequencing arrivals and departures; instrument and visual traffic, and airport movement area operations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience participating in FAA computer-generated, high-fidelity lab scenarios.
- Certified on FAA and ICAO air traffic practices to include airspace and remote pilot operator duties in the various simulators/labs
- Experience with FAA air traffic simulators e.g., Tower 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with internal, external, and international customers, as well as the ability to work in a cooperative environment between different departments and co-workers.
- Able to work, manage, and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Excellent communication skills, to include both verbal and written; and the ability to effectively use aviation terminology in a simulated environment
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.