At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Come put your software engineering skills into action!
The Leidos Software Factory has openings for talented Senior Software Engineers to come work in our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
As an engineer, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
This position may offer a hybrid work schedule
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Hands-on expertise with Java and/or C++ and object-oriented programming
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Must be a US citizen with an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
What You Will Be Doing?
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and DevSecOps best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.