Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager focused on our Military Health business.
You will be expected to continue to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the Health domain.
The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. **Telecommuting is available for this position.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline..
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and 12+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful business development at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated access to key customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for Health agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers across Leidos
- Strong, respected relationships within the Military Health (Defense Health Agency), and/or Human Performance Research and Development communities
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.