We are seeking a motivated system and network administrator to support a mission focused organization and team of software engineers and analysts. The candidate will be responsible for network administration and system administration support activities on the network. This includes installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all hardware, software, and operating systems, implementing modernization, optimization, and tuning for performance.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be part of a dynamic team that provides software, systems, and network engineering services to support Integrated Discovery Operations (IDO). The focus will be to develop, maintain, and support operations and maintenance (O&M) activities of large enclave comprised of various hardware and software components to include virtual machines. This effort will include maintaining and evolving a modern DevOps architecture to support software developers, phased system upgrades, compliance, and improvements aimed to ensure continued execution of the IDO mission. This will include improving availability and reliability, reducing latency and optimizing performance, and maintaining the OPSEC and security posture.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst
- Five (5 years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NET, Pascal or Delphi, Linux - RedHat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Must have strong Linux experience with ability to automate system administration functions with scripting.
- Must have network administration experience such as router and switch management/configuration.
- Familiarity with Docker, Ansible, MongoDB, and Elastic Search is preferred.
- Experience supporting hardware installation, supporting servers, desktops, network infrastructure.
- Experience setting up storage such as network-attached storage or remote storage.
- Experience implementing security best practices.
- Familiarity with maintaining inventory of infrastructure hardware.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.