The Maritime Solution Systems Portfolio within the Maritime Systems Division (MSD) is seeking Electrical Engineering Managers to assist in the Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) electrical engineering team in Lynnwood, WA. The scope of the business activities within this portfolio includes: underwater vehicle systems, maritime sensors, supporting information technology & engineering services for complex maritime applications, development and support of underwater data acquisition and telemetry systems for distributed sensors for ISR, IPOE, SSW and platform signature measurement.
These Electrical Engineering Managers will independently lead a small subset team of electrical engineers to support of a variety of maritime projects, including undersea vehicles, optical system design, subsea acoustic arrays, and at-sea installation and repair efforts. The Electrical Engineering Managers will perform as supervisory lead over a small sub team of electrical engineers. In the supervisory role, the managers will be responsible for mentoring their portion of the electrical team, assigning tasking, overseeing and giving junior electrical engineering team performance, leading their team in technical excellence, and communicating areas of improvement, successes, and needs to the Electrical Engineering Lead for MSS. Typical responsibilities include:
- Support the management of the electrical engineering team across a portfolio of multi-disciplined maritime programs.
- Coordinate within the Electrical Engineering Lead on the execution of proposals, project staffing, and successful execution of programs.
- Coordinate and oversee analysis and design of maritime systems in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Perform as an electrical engineer supporting execution of multiple, complex maritime projects.
- Develop solutions to maritime systems based on performance specifications, constraints, and external interfaces.
- Prepare and present design review materials for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and tracking of progress in development projects using tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Review specifications, engineering documentation, and detailed designs to provide mentorship and oversight.
- The electrical engineering sub-lead will work under the Guidance of an Electrical Engineering Line Manager to lead a small team (between 4 and 6 employees) of mid-career Electrical Engineers.
- Responsible for the coordination of junior employees in the mentoring, task management and delegation, providing feedback, and supporting employee reviews.
- Bachelor of Science and/or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math from an accredited college.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with Electrical Engineering concepts and workflow
- Strong desire to perform management functions along with technical duties.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, prioritization, and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires a working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
- The Electrical Engineering Sub-Lead positions requires 4 to 10 years of prior relevant experience in electrical engineering.
- requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Maritime systems experience greatly preferred.
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing. Understanding of ISO 9001:2015.
- Previous experience with Engineering workflow and process for design and development
- High level of competency in Altium Designer or similar circuit capture tools.
- History of mentoring or working with a small team of engineers.
- Familiarity with agency testing standards including Military Standards (MIL-STDs), Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL), and IEEE standards.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.