Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Test Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Test Engineer position located in the Washington DC area.
Our new Software Test Engineer will support cloud migrations for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
- After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for quality of the software produced by the project team. Your goal is to certify that the software is doing what it is designed to do consistently and under stress
- Establish quality standards for software programs, features, and applications.
- Design test plans and test schedules for all software
- Perform tests for new software code, features, programs, and systems
- Report bugs and document all defects found in tested programs and apps. You will write bug reports that outline these problems
- Engineering complex test plans using both automated and manual testing tools. These tests will ensure the software is living up to its purpose and consistently producing desired results
- After running tests, as a software test engineer you will write up reports detailing what they did and the outcome. This information is crucial to decision-making on how to proceed.
- Collaborating with others will be a daily requirement this collaboration will include internal and customer personnel from the beginning of a project to offer input on the potential pros and cons of structing a program in a certain way. At steps you will be needed to offer suggestions regarding changes, improvements, and alternatives to try.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
- A Software Test Engineer with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 8-12 years of professional experience
- Experienced working with integrated development teams
- Excellent at facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers
- High-energy great work ethic and the ability to work diligently until issues are resolved
- Expert knowledge of software development process, with writing test plans, and other customer support technical documents
- Proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and able to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams
- Proficient in creating technical documentation
- Must have a public trust clearance or above.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies using AWS or Azure
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.