Aloha! Come join our dynamic and growing team in Hawaii. Leidos Defense has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer. This position is located in Pearl City, Hawaii, on Camp Smith, and supports the Pacific Multi-Domain Training Experimentation Capability (PMTEC) Program.
- Designs local and wide area network infrastructure
- Installs and configures network hardware switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Identifies and implements network security measures
- Supervises subordinate network engineers
- Resolves escalated network support issues and service tickets
- Creates network diagrams and status reports Oversees the inside cable plant infrastructure (fiber and copper) Supports data center and communication room equipment management
- Oversees life cycle management of network infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and current knowledge of network infrastructure hardware, such as: switches, firewalls, routers etc.
- Experience in a DoD network environment Experience implementing DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
- Knowledge and experience implementing network security architecture (PKI certificates, access/multi-factor authentication)
- Bachelors and (4) four years or more experience; Masters and two (2) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+, and one other OS Related Cert)
- Candidate must possess a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.