Aloha! Come join our dynamic and growing team in Hawaii. Leidos Defense is seeking a Simulation Engineer to support the Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC) located on Ford Island in Oahu, Hawaii. The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and operational support in joint simulations, scenarios, database management, Joint Theater Level Simulation – Global Operations (JTLS-GO) /Simulation Operations, user training, exercise design, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution.
- Coordinates across operational planners and working groups to facilitate and document the requirements for the simulation
- Translates operational needs/requirements to simulation tools/capabilities
- Supports simulation architecture design and planning, build, manage, and validate simulation database
- Coordinates scenario and opposing forces information and products
- Provides Joint Simulation solution demonstrations and user training sessions, as required, during events and other activities, planning sessions, and meetings.
- Builds event plans and products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or wargaming objectives.
- Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution)
- Facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, joint simulation requirements and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Builds Test Plans, Training Plans, SOPs, scenario/OPFOR plans, floor plans, databases, establishes timelines and milestones for database development and validation and produces other training materials, presentations, and documents as required/assigned.
- Support exercises as a model senior controller, simulation controller, simulation operator, and/or simulation database manager within the Exercise Control Group Operations.
- Support exercises as OPFOR Commander and lead OPFOR and SITFOR.
- Assists with set-up and provides required database, terrain, maps, and other products for event support
- Performs functional and operational tests, validations, and documents joint simulation solutions/simulation operations/database during technical tests, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX
- Coordinates and establishes staffing schedules, ECG Training schedules, and products, MINIEX schedule and products, and leads/trains other simulation operators during events
- Regularly engages ECG Response Cells, ECG Leadership, and status on operations, identify issues, and resolve problems. This includes, but is not limited to, intel messaging, sustainment, IAMD/BMD, cyber, space, ATO processing, OPFOR, COP, and simulation operations
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each event
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Experience with Joint Theater Level Simulation for Global Operations (JTLS-GO) Working knowledge of Exercise Control Groups (ECG) The ability to translate operational needs/requirements to simulation tools/capabilities The ability to generate formal documentation (Test Plans, training plans, SOPs, databases, scenario, etc.)
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must possess a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.