This Information Technology and Agile Services opportunity provides a challenging role on a high-visibility DoD program through engineering support to the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), the largest information technology (IT) network in the world. Leidos is seeking a Government Directed Action (GDA) Process Management Specialist for the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. For this program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the SMIT NMCI capabilities team properly follow the GDA process and complete all actions within the compliance time frames. This include supporting and monitoring ~350 open GDAs daily within 70+ types and 6 different severity levels assigned to 30+ capabilities teams across the full spectrum of SMIT NMCI services. GDAs are the Government’s highest priority actions primarily focused on cybersecurity risks and operational maneuvers essential to mission and mission support success. This includes initial assessment and assignment of GDAs to ensure each are completed by taking immediate action when time is critical and delay or inaction may adversely affect mission accomplishment, threaten the safety of personnel, cause damage or destruction of Government property, or the loss or compromise of sensitive information.
- Understanding of and ability to manage IT capabilities teams through the SMIT NMCI GDA process.
- Assess and assign GDAs to the various capability teams within required compliance timelines.
- Follow the special GDA orderable Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) process for Boundary Change Request (BCR) and other orderable CLINs that are funded outside of the base CLINs.
- Determine when GDAs are out of scope (OOS) and initiate the OOS process in a timely manner following the OOS GDA process, including tracking of OOS GDAs until final determination.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Government customers, senior-and mid-management level leaders, subject matter experts, subcontractors, vendors, and other experts in IT service disciplines.
- Generate daily reports to ensure effective management of all open GDAs, ensure teams acknowledge receipt and begin required tasks, and GDA tasks are making progress towards completion within required timelines.
- Monitor progress for GDAs nearing the compliance deadline and coordinate Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) and Required End Date extensions with capability teams as appropriate.
- Coordinate closely with the SMIT NMCI Command Center managing GDAs through the process.
- Request clarification from the GDA initiator or the Government Battle Watch Captain and Government Battle Watch to ensure tasks are clear and able to be implemented.
- Provide status to GDA Process Leader, Command Center Leader, Network Operation Center Leader and Enterprise Operations Leaders.
- Support other Enterprise Operations activities as assigned to ensure overall operations success.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or IT Disciplines and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master of Science Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional specific experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Must have experience in large DoD Enterprise Operations capabilities
- Must be able to work independently to assess and assign simple to complex directed actions
- Ability to assess and assign Information Technology (IT) tasks to the various IT capabilities teams, including effectively communicating between the Government and Leidos Teams
- Understanding of key ITIL processes with emphasis in Change Management with understanding of Incident, Request Fulfillment, Problem, Configuration and Release and Deployment Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Understanding of Managed Services contracts in Government Owned Contractor Operated (GOCO) environments
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a Secret clearance
- Travel may be required (post COVID)
- Understanding of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) IT Support capabilities
- Experience with Navy Process Reference Model (NPRM)
- Experience with Navy and USMC Enterprise ITSM Framework processes
- ITIL 4 Foundation certification(s)
- Security+ certification
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team.
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/tasks as assigned.
- May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
- Aid in the completion of complex and time-sensitive projects as directed.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Responds to customer and internal queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email, or chat.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple technology areas (government customers, technology leaders, project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains complex processes, practices, and procedures to others within the organization.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Ability to obtain clarification from Government leaders and customers and provide the clarification to the various Leidos capabilities teams to ensure specific tasks can be accomplished on time.
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Typically requires BS or BA degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or MS or MA Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.