We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enjoy working with their hands and are creative thinkers. Do you like to modify or customize anything or everything you can get your hands on to make it better, faster, and stronger? Do like to figure out why something doesn’t work and then repair it? It’s our passion too! We work in small teams and are tasked in diverse projects that vary from assembling one-off electro-mechanical pulsers to testing directed energy systems. The technology we develop is state-of -the-art and we are seeking individuals that are equally cutting-edge with the talent and inspiration to work in an extraordinary environment with top-scientist, researchers, and engineers.
- Lead technical projects, sets-up experiments and conducts tests.
- Creates, builds, assembles, modifies and/or repairs prototypes.
- Troubleshoots hardware and data acquisition systems.
- Collects, maintains, organizes, and compiles technical data.
- Assists engineering staff in analyzing data.
- Prepares documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- AAS degree in Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Technology with at least 5 years of applicable experience or 7 years of experience in lieu of degree
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance within 6 months of hire
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, high voltage power supplies, control systems, network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, and a wide array of time and frequency domain calibration equipment
- Working knowledge of vacuum and pressure systems
- Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
- Ability to handle unusual and unique occurring job events with minimal assistance
- Willingness to support multiple customers for both short and long term assignments
- Active DOD or DOE clearance
- Experience with High Voltage (> 100 kV), High Current discharge systems (> 1 kA)
- Experience with electronics circuit assembly, troubleshooting and soldering
- Experience with vacuum/pneumatic systems and controls
- Experience with LabView and related instrumentation and control software
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.