Leidos has an opening in its Defense Group for a Database Administrator (DBA) supporting DoD Biometric System. The DBA maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Major job functions include: disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data; administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database; performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements; performs EDB Postgres, MongoDB, and Application server administration; and organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Develop Ansible playbooks to ensure repeatable and consistent configurations from development through production.
- Establishes and maintains database user accounts.
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability.
- Provides server administration with a variety of database products that include EDB Postgres and MongoDB.
- Coordinates database architecture changes with database engineers.
- Installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views.
- Administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology (IT) discipline from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of database administration experience.
- Experience with Postgres Databases.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Have DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher.
- Industry Certifications.
- Implementation experience with cloud based databases.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.