Leidos’ NISC IV Program (National Airspace System Integration Support Contract) is one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and we have an exciting career opportunity for an Electrical Field Engineer.
In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) performing construction oversight for projects in support of design and resident engineers, and report project progress and issues against project goals, scope of work, and schedule. The projects support air traffic control facilities over the geographic scope of the ESA.
**This is an exciting continuous (100%) travel opportunity**
Must be located or willing to self relocate to the Eastern part of the US within 100 miles of a major airport.
Electrical Field Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on site and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports related to the project
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule, review the contractor’s progress reports, assess the progress and inform the project engineer and all stakeholders
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with project engineer
- Mark up drawings to as-built conditions and submit these for review and updating
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract close-out activities
- Conduct regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues project engineer
- Confer with multi-disciplinary engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with the general contractor for adherence to the drawings and specifications
- Coordinate and review work permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction
- Prepare construction drawings, site specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates as needed to support change proposals
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including operational risk management plans, safety plans, sequence of work and cutover plans)
- Plan, schedule and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines working directly with stakeholders and contractors
Electrical Field Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or higher in electrical engineering in a program recognized by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Four or more years of relevant experience in commercial, industrial or government facility establishment, replacement and modernization construction
- Experience with construction methods, plans and specifications, building materials and national consensus codes
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing
- Skill in using office productivity software
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, climb stairs and work in an outdoor environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.