Leidos has an opportunity for a mid/senor-level Database Administrator/Engineer (DBA) to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
- Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
- Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management
- systems and application databases. Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer programming (or in a relevant field) with 5 or more years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Experience with PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL or SQL
- Database design and implementation (tables, indices, triggers, stored procedures)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (performance analysis/improvements)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Security+ Certification or other IAT II/III level certification.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Understanding of or experience implementing Row Level Security and/or cross domain systems.
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with AppDynamics
- Experience with data migrations (Oracle to Postgres) and DB upgrades
- Automated testing (Selenium, Robot Framework)
- AWS experience (RDS)
- STIG hardening
- Scrum master or team lead experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.