The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Budget Analyst to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).This is an exciting opportunity to support the FAA’s budget planning and forecasting activities.
Budget Analyst Primary Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with budget and financial management and analysis.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing MS Office applications to include MS Word; MS Excel. Must have advanced MS Excel knowledge and ability to sort, filter, create pivot tables, manipulate large spreadsheets containing multiple tabs, and generate graphics from tabular data.
- Track and reconcile budget data, funds, and resource from programs with multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Perform “what if” analysis on short notice for FAA Customers.
- Generate funding and resource reports.
- Develop spending plans.
- Work with minimal supervision and produce financial status reports.
- Clearly communicate a variety of financial results to FAA customers.
- B.A. or B.S. degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. -
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel to include pivot tables.
- Proficient in accounting and experience with account software, especially in a government funds accounting environment.
- Experience working with large, multi-year spend plans and budgets.
- Expertise using Tableau.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Prior experience supporting the FAA’s budget actions.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.