Leidos is seeking an AI/ML Engineer with an active DoD Top Secret clearance to join the Air Force Technical Application Center US National Data Center team.
The candidate requires an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility; all work is onsite at Patrick AFB, FL.
Our new employee will collaborate with government and contractor software and geophysical teams to integrate and evaluate AI/ML algorithms into the mission system software baseline.
The candidate will primarily integrate mature Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning activeI/ML algorithms into legacy nuclear monitoring software using the Anything as a Service (XaaS) model. The candidate will also build AI/ML datasets, train and tune algorithms, and evaluate algorithms’ performance in real-time geophysical data processing systems.
· Active Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain an SCI
· BS in CS, Machine Learning, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, or related field and 4+ years of experience
· Experience building datasets and evaluating performance for AI/ML models
· Familiarity with designing, developing, training, validating, and/or tuning AI/ML models
· Experience with C/C++, Python and shell programming in a Linux/Unix environment
· Experience with relational databases (e.g., Oracle/SQL)
· Experience with MatLab, R, or other scientific evaluation tools
· Strong analytical and problem solving approach
· Knowledge of digital signal processing, time-series analysis, Fourier and spectral analysis, seismic event building, and/or data labeling/classification
· Experience with seismic data processing
· Familiarity with AI/ML methods, particularly deep learning/neural networks, classification, and ensemble methods
· Familiarity with Flask, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Ansible
· Experience with versioning control software (e.g., Git, ClearCase, or Subversion)
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.