As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex law enforcement IT system for a number of US federal agencies. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. This particular role would be serving a federal law enforcement agency in Clarksburg, WV.
- Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions.
- Designs or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyzes and designs databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
- Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements.
- Designs embedded systems software.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Management, other related discipline, or equivalent experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Experience with software product development
- Agile Experience
- Software development tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Languages/frameworks: JIRA
- Source control tools: GIT
- DOD Secret Clearance is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.