As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex law enforcement IT system for a number of US federal agencies. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. This particular role would be serving a federal law enforcement agency in Clarksburg, WV.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Database performance tuning, database upgrades, and database patching to all COTS database products.
- Database script writing, database storage management, database interfaces, external application database interfaces, and other systems database interfacing.
- Provides general operating system and application administration.
- Provides support from the hardware level through to the applications running to support a service.
- Performance tuning, hardware replacement, firmware upgrades, and patching to all COTS software products, including operating systems.
- Script writing, data storage management, network interfaces, external peripheral interfaces, and others systems interfacing
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- May supervise others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, other related discipline, or equivalent experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to develop creative solutions
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Operating Systems: Linux
- Software development tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Databases: Oracle, Postgres
- Languages/frameworks: JIRA
- Source control tools: GIT
- DOD Secret Clearance is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.