As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex law enforcement IT system for a number of US federal agencies. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. This particular role would be serving a federal law enforcement agency in Clarksburg, WV.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
- Develops integrated system test requirements, strategies, devices, and systems.
- Directs overall system level testing.
- Performs engineering studies and analyses in support of the mission.
- Provides IT and systems engineering support to analyze system problems in support of development and implementation of solutions.
- Performs and documents concept and requirements analysis in support of system refreshment and upgrades.
- Performs IT systems performance modeling and simulations in support of requirements analysis, modification planning, and cost estimations.
- Develops new technical specifications and provides modifications to existing technical specifications.
- Performs reviews of draft documentation for technical content and compliance with engineering standards.
- Assesses COTS hardware and software products for application to the system.
- Assesses and recommends the application of new technologies and products for improvement of the assigned system.
- Performs fault analyses, assessments, statistical studies, predictive analysis, and other efforts sufficient to support requirements studies and analyses associated with corrective and adaptive maintenance.
- Plans, conducts, and participates in requirements reviews.
- Reviews change and enhancement requests to determine feasibility, system impacts, and cost and time estimates to implement requests.
- Provides analytical and technical support in the acquisition, design, development, and implementation of automated systems.
- Provides analysis and planning support to the development of software release schedules.
- Provides programming and technical support for enhancements and corrective/adaptive maintenance of electronic tools supporting requirements, change, configuration, documentation, and test tool management.
- Provides system analysis and software monitoring to assure each system’s ability to meet and sustain processing performance requirements.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates software and system design documentation.
- Provides on-site scheduling expertise to create, update, and maintain schedules. Scheduling shall include the maintenance of a comprehensive System of Services (SOS) schedule depicting all supported systems, as well as tactical schedules across the SOS as needed.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- May supervise others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, other related discipline, or equivalent experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to develop creative solutions
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Operating Systems: Linux
- Software development tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Languages/frameworks: JIRA
- Source control tools: GIT
- DOD Secret Clearance is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.