The Civil Health Solutions Operation of Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to support a large healthcare contract.
You will work collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to set up, develop, and maintain an external-facing web portal to view data sets, access data catalogs, request compute resources, and manage data access controls for an enterprise data and analytics platform Responsibilities:
• Developing, debugging, and improving performance of front-end components and application features, including implementing dynamic and interactive pages
• Translating designs and wireframes into reusable, testable and efficient front-end code
• Building, iterating, and testing scalable, back-end APIs for web applications
• Designing and developing data models to optimize data access for web applications
• Participating in Agile processes including daily standups, demos, retrospectives, and sprint planning
• Working closely with leadership to gather and implement business requirements
• Working closely with designers and engineers to gather and implement product, front-end, and back-end requirements
• Providing support, maintenance, and enhancements to the existing application • Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and QA on the team to communicate and clarify designs and requirements
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
• 7+ years of experience in software application development, particularly in an agile development environment including but not limited to daily scrum, iteration reviews, Kanban/Lean, continuous integration and test-driven development • 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture Qualifications:
• Experience with one of the major cloud service providers (AWS preferred)
• Experience with Node.js • Deep understanding of APIs, and familiarity with JSON, Web APIs, REST APIs, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, RESTful practices, and GraphQL
• Experience with Agile methodologies • Experience with Atlassian Jira/Confluence
• Experience with Docker containerization and deployments
• Experience in relational and non-relational databases like SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar
• Experience with benchmarking, monitoring, and performance engineering applications with tools such as Grafana, Sentry, and Prometheus
• Knowledge of AuthN and AuthZ systems, including Active Directory, Okta, and AWS IAM Policies/Roles using attribute-based access controls
• Knowledge of automated end-to-end unit tests and testing platforms
• Strong documentation and problem-solving skills • Experience with Git and AWS DevOps • Strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.