Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA has a future need for a Mid-Level Software Engineer to join our team supporting NGLD-M initiatives within our Intelligence Organization. We are collecting resumes for this future need.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
The candidate will collaborate in the analysis, design, development, and test of the application. The ideal candidate will have cross-platform experience developing for a variety of operating systems (e.g., Linux, Android), use of a variety of application development platforms (Qt and Android) and programming languages (C++, C, Python), and database (SQLite) as well as experience integrating modules and libraries developed in these programming languages. The candidate will work within an Agile Scrum development environment and use sound software engineering, object oriented, and functional programming principles to ensure that developed code has high quality, is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant. The candidate will be knowledgeable about implementing secure software development principles and techniques and will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring. The candidate will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements with other APIs and host systems (i.e., virtualized, containerized, or hardware). This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on diverse tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of forward leaning technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Position requires a current/active Secret DoD security clearance.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4-8 years’ experience.
- 4 years of experience developing for Linux/Unix and Android operating systems.
- Excellent coding abilities and strong experience with C++.
- 2+ years’ experience using Qt and Android application platforms a plus.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of user interfaces for embedded applications / mobile devices with cross-platform development tools and modern UI design.
- The candidate will have experience developing software structured to separate areas of concern (presentation, business logic, persistence). The Ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications with an eye for resource limited (and therefore optimized) software engineering.
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills.
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile practices.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development.
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Subversion, Git, GitLab, GitHub).
- Experience with UI / UX Development Frameworks (e.g., Qt, Android, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, Catch2, React, Node.js).
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (Squish for Qt, TDD, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD).
- Experience with CMake and Bash scripting
- Experience with formalized API development methodologies (e.g., OpenAPI 3.0)
- Experience with C, or Python is a plus
- Experience with Java is a plus.
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.