The Intelligence Group at Leidos is seeking an Event/Conference Planner to support one of two brand-new programs with a classified government customer. These opportunities provide the customer with full-service graphics, multimedia, document production, training, and conference planning support. Products will span the full gamut of technical interactivity from hard copy job aids to full, digital, immersive environments. Conference/Training events will be synchronous and asynchronous. The Event/Conference planner will be responsible for providing the customer provides the customer with full-service conference planning support from panning through execution and evaluation.
This is an evergreen requisition, posted for new business. Interviews will not begin until Summer 2023.
• Provide logistical support for in person and virtual conferences, training courses, technical exchanges, and trade shows
• Ensure successful operation of virtual conferences
• Act as primary POC for course/event scheduling and planning
• Identify, approach, and engage, and secure subject matter experts in a variety of disciplines from industry government, and academia
• Secure conference rooms and make catering arrangements
• Manage guest/student registrations (e.g., invitations, materials production, security coordination)
• Interact and communicate with the customer, program management office, and senior government personnel
• Work closely with the program manager and subcontracts
• Develop standard operating procedures
• Track and report on cost and schedule
• Assist program manager in preparing reporting documents
• Provide summaries of roundtables, technical exchanges, conferences
• Collect data where required
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• MUST possess a current Top Secret Clearance for consideration; TS/SCI with polygraph preferred. This requires US Citizenship.
• Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, social science, or related field with 4+ years relevant experience
• Ability to work with little to no oversight to identify problems and determine appropriate solutions
• Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
• Experience with MS Office Suite.
• Experience interacting with clients in the Intelligence Community
• Experience working with event planning software and virtual meeting platforms is desired
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.