Leidos is looking for a Lead Pricing Analyst to join our Civil Group in Gaithersburg - MD and Reston - VA. The successful individual will serve as an integral member of the Civil Pricing team and will be responsible for a variety of pricing and estimating activities. This is a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail, demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment, and a willingness to work extended hours as needed to finish the job and to see a proposal through to completion.
This position allows for telework, but candidates should live within commuting distance to Gaithersburg - MD or Reston - VA for proposal meetings.
- Lead the timely development of proposal cost/price strategies and cost volume deliverables for government and commercial proposals varying in size and complexity in accordance with technical, management and cost specifications of a request for proposal (RFP).
- Coordinate kick-off and fact-finding meetings, collection of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments, cost/pricing strategy and analytical support.
- Collaborate with the proposal team (senior management, program managers, contracts/subcontracts, finance, and operations personnel) to ensure that proposal costing and customer deliverables comply with all federal government regulations (CAS, FAR, AMS), RFP requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and guidance for all functional input and color reviews, and leading the effort to produce the final cost/price deliverables.
- Work closely with Basis of Estimate (BOE) subject matter expert (SME) or lead analyst to ensure compliant BOEs.
- Develop pricing templates and Excel-based models to evaluate different strategies and “what-if” scenarios.
- Conduct financial analyses to support compilation of business case assessments including cash flow, NPV and IRR for team and management review.
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analyses and other special projects as assigned.
- May require some evening, weekend, and holiday work depending on the stage of the proposal.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience in finance and pricing OR Master's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience in finance and pricing.
- Extensive experience in cost proposal development and pricing for federal government procurements with a demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements, to apply contracting principles, and to develop compelling solutions
- Must be proficient with math, advanced finance principles and desktop applications (ie – MS Office Suite, especially MS Word & MS Excel including use of formulas, pivot tables and Macros).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment, while managing multiple priorities and tasks.
- Must possess strong writing skills, a professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply lessons learned to new opportunities on a routine basis.
- Expertise in government contracting and services business models.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- Willingness to work evening, weekend, and holidays depending on the stage of the proposal.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance is preferred for this position.
- Experience using PROPRICER pricing software.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.