Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Test Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Developer position located in the Washington DC area.
Our new Software Developer will support cloud migrations for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
- An integral part of migration teams, collaborating to work with all stakeholders for the successful execution of migration throughout its life cycle.
- Supporting migrations with an understanding of software development and technical concepts that helps in building a common understanding of an approach and communicating with stakeholders.
- Addressing moderately complex technical challenges through collaboration with teammates
- Developing, documenting, and fixing bugs as needed to refactor applications to work in a cloud environment
- A good team player and be able to give and take critical feedback on work products
- Prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand
- Coachable and open to self-discovery and professional improvement
- Quality-conscious and carry a sense of pride in your work
- Creative and independent thinking
- Having interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication to demonstrate product, services to business, customer and non-technical team
- Require BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.; additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- Understanding of Cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
- Public Trust clearance and ability to get DoD Secret clearance
- 2-4 years of full-time professional experience in software development
- Experience in relational database programming in MS-SQL server, T-SQL, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP, REST web services, data contract with JSON, XML
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, test driven design/development, continuous integration)
- Familiar with Team Foundation Server or any other source control tools
- Maintain and operate the deployed code, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements
- Ability to write Power shell scripts, automation, basic administration, scheduling of jobs
- Strong desire to learn and continuously advance in software development
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines
- DoD Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.