The DISA Joint Operations Center (DJOC) Network Infrastructure (Lead) Watch Officer will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting the current connectivity status of the physical layer Transport and providing coordination of reporting for Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI) across the DoD Information Network (DoDIN) to DJOC Battle Captains and DISA Current Operations senior leaders.
This position will serve as the lead for the Transport and ASI Watch Officer desks, who support the DJOC’s 24x7 mission.
DISA provides, operates, and assures command and control and information-sharing capabilities and a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure in direct support to joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of military operations.
Serve as a people leader for personnel supporting the ASI and Transport watch desk:
- Conduct annual performance assessments to include periodic check ins
- Validate/approve time charging for both Leidos and vendor personnel
- Provide coaching/mentoring to personnel
- Develop and Execute Continual Service Improvement technical strategies to modify and enhance operational processes and impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
Provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- The physical layer of the DoDIN and how it supports DISA’s mission to provide combat support.
- The Change Management process (ASI process) across all DISA services to include Transport, Application and Services.
Primary support will be to the DJOC Transport Watch Desk, who execute in real time:
- Maintaining timely, accurate reporting of designated/reportable outages that are impacting the DoDIN and publish finding via established reporting mechanisms through the DJOC Battle Captain to the DISA Director and other Senior Leaders. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- In accordance with the contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs), individuals must be able to conduct an initial analysis of reported outages and contact the DJOC Battle Captain within 15 minutes of receipt.
- Creation of network topologies and arch diagrams as needed.
- Provides situational awareness of ASI whenever shared systems, equipment, servers, applications, or services are required to be down to accomplish either a short notice (uncoordinated) or pre-planned (coordinated) maintenance activities.
Supports the ASI Coordinator team:
- Responsible for providing release and deploy situational awareness of 300 high interest ASIs whenever shared systems, applications, services, networks and infrastructure are required to be interrupted in order to accomplish either preplanned (coordinated) i.e. normal or standard changes or short notice (uncoordinated) i.e. emergency or expedited changes
- As a consolidated team of Government and Contractors, review changes, identify conflicts and provide situational awareness of over 1,200 changes classified as ASIs per month.
- Conducts an average of 100 Sr. level executives briefing per year.
- Prepares 365 DJOC priority/High Interest ASI presentations per year for DISA’s Morning Operational Brief.
- Fields on average 150 informational requests per month.
- Fields on average 500 telephone calls per month.
This position is a shift work position whose primary hours will be the customer’s Day Shift (0500-1300, at this time) and could require additional support on Afternoons, or Overnight shifts, as well as, potentially weekends and/or holidays.
The position is also an active participant in the Contingency Support and the Emergency Readiness Group (ERG) and employees are considered emergency personnel who will perform duty functions at customer off-site facilities within the DC Metro area.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12+ years of overall related experience. 10+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Experience with system applications:
-Global Ticket Management System (GTMS) Remedy or other comparable Incident Management systems
-World Wide Online System (WWOLS), NCCM-R, or Telecommunications Certification Office Support System (TCOSS)
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Experience with support applications:
-Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS)
-Command Net (CN)
-Global Video Service (GVS) / Defense Collaboration Service (DCS)
- ITIL V3 / V4
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Demonstrated experience of providing excellent customer service
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.