Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cyber Security Analyst with the technical expertise to perform a broad range of information assurance engineering tasks in a complex customer environment. This position is responsible for:
- Information gathering, port and vulnerability scanning and analysis according to policy
- Scheduling, execution and tracking of vulnerability remediation activities
- Security monitoring, analysis and incident response
- Tracking, and reporting of security patch/upgrade implementation
- Development of security policies, processes and procedure
- Development of information security documents
- Conducting security audits
- Workload estimating
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Security product trade studies
- Security test and evaluation
- STIG/Checklist auditing.
This position has a particular focus on incident response and threat assessment as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Candidates should have experience in investigating computer and information security incidents to determine the extent of a compromise and providing assessments and forensics support of these incidents.
- The candidate is expected to have a broad range of knowledge into the latest tools and techniques used to secure IPv4 & IPv6 networks.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple domain areas.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related experience or Masters and 4 years of related experience or experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have a current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
- 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
- 3 years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development is required.
- Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
- Change management and Engineering control gates.
- Security architecture development
- Customer requirements identification
- Operations and maintenance
- Performance metrics related to security operations
- Experience identify new tools and perform trade studies
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.