Leidos is hiring an energetic, motivated, innovative individual to be a part of our team supporting Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in Baltimore, MD. The Sr. DBA works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- Successful candidate will be a member of a cross functional team comprised of well-rounded engineers who can learn new skills rapidly and work across multiple functional domains to carry out end-to-end delivery of infrastructure services.
- Work closely with Leidos Engineering and Operations staff as well as the customer’s application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Help design, test and deploy technical solutions that are innovative and that leverage new both technologies and new methods to shape customer operations.
- You will have the opportunity to grow in your career as you help us to grow in our value and breadth of services to CMS.
- The Database Administrator works closely with the Integrated Service Delivery (ISD) teams to manage and maintain the applications data infrastructure that support CMS and public health. You will maintain and deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and the Healthcare.gov Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- You must be a team player, but able to work independently on large, complex projects and assignments in an intensive environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to incident alerts.
- Expert in multiple relational and object database platforms and schemas. Understands modeling and optimization of said platforms.
- Leads database services team in the administration of multiple platforms, supporting and communicating with customers and other stake holders.
- Provides leadership in problem determination/analysis, isolating system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools.
- Promotes automation and monitoring/alerting for full visibility of database systems and applications.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times with excellent communications skills.
- Models inclusive leadership to teammates by building diversity into activities and meetings.
- BS Degree and 8-12 years of experience in an enterprise Oracle RDBMS environment. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Hands on expertise with Oracle data warehouses using Oracle workflow and Oracle warehouse builder.
- Some with database design or creating DDLs for creating and updating data structures, and performance improvement.
- Strong awareness of DBMS trends and their implications.
- Very strong communications, analysis, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in non-Oracle relational and non-relational DBMS environments including, but not limited to MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Informix, etc.
- Cloud Skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools including provisioning and monitoring
- Network Skills - Understanding of basic networking design concepts and TCP/IP
- Flexibility—comfortable with evolving solutions and finding the most effective path to implementation
- Security Skills—Knowledge of information assurance compliance and information security basics
- Development Skills – Programming/development experience including use of repositories (e.g. GitHub) and deployment in multi-tier environment
- Comfortable in an iterative environment, experience with Agile/Scrum based initiatives
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.