The Mission Operations Division within the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of the Leidos Defense Group has an opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in our Alexandria and Manassas, VA offices providing onsite support for multiple aerial platforms and sensor systems. The successful candidate will perform engineering support of specific imaging sensors as well as documentation pertaining to the overall aircraft installation. This position also affords an exciting opportunity to travel in support of our customer’s missions both at home and abroad.
- Work on complex projects with moderate supervision
- Perform electrical engineering calculations to determine voltage drop or power requirements for electrical systems
- Conduct electrical load analysis
- Review design plans, shop drawings, specifications, and related project documents for appropriate selection of electrical and mechanical equipment and installation material.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Able to perform work in Alexandria, VA and Manassas, VA
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- 1-phase and 3-phase aircraft power systems and DC power systems experience
- Experience in navigation and communications systems
- Airborne ISR experience
- King Air and Gulfstream avionics and sensor experience
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.