The Mission Operations Division within the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of the Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Alexandria and Manassas, VA offices providing onsite support for multiple aerial platforms and sensor systems. The successful candidate will perform engineering support of specific imaging sensors as well as documentation pertaining to the overall aircraft installation. This position also affords an exciting opportunity to travel in support of our customer’s missions both at home and abroad.
The engineer will assist with aircraft design work related to aircraft modifications and antenna/sensor mounting provisions. Work includes all steps in the build process, from conceptual design to final assembly and installation on the aircraft. The engineer will be required to work in a shop environment to effect aircraft modifications.
- Work on complex projects with moderate supervision
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Gather and organize existing specification drawings into a repository per configuration management processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- CAD software experience
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Able to perform work in Alexandria, VA and Manassas, VA
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Certified SolidWorks professional
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience
- Experience in a design/production environment
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.