Leidos collecting candidates for upcoming General Maintenance Technician to support our operations & maintenance team at a customer site in Augusta, Ga. This job posting is for future need as we continue to source talent for mission critical roles.
This position’s primary function is to provide maintenance and repairs in a facilities environment . Successful candidates demonstrate the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced industrial, large commercial or logistics environment. Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm; various hours may be required based on business demand.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: painting, drywall repair, roof repair, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, door repair, concrete work, etc.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair existing building infrastructure
- Assist other trades with preventative maintenance tasks, service tickets, or project work.
- Provide recommendations with regards to facilities equipment and utility systems maintenance programs.
- Comply with established safety and environmental procedures
- Adjust to changing conditions and occasionally work second shift, holidays, and weekends as required
- Perform under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem resolution
- Respond to emergency calls (by phone or in person) during off-hours and determine resources needed to mitigate problem (Leidos or subcontractor)
- Other duties as assigned by Management or Lead.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 3-5 years of trades experience
- Qualified applicants offered a position must be able to obtain site specific security access including all applicable background checks (TS/SCI security clearance required).
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- TS/SCI with poly clearance
- Possess a certification in a trade such as electrical, HVAC, etc..
- Experience in technical maintenance related to facilities maintenance.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude with an understanding of critical systems supporting the facilities maintenance, such as HVAC, chillers, electrical components, and plumbing.
May be required to work overtime, variable shifts and 24-hour/7 days a week on-call as needed.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.