Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We are in search of a Research Project Analyst to join our team that supports the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technical-oriented national laboratory that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges by driving innovation and delivering solutions for an environmentally sustainable and prosperous energy future that ensures affordable, abundant, and reliable energy that drives a robust economy and national security, while developing technologies to manage carbon across the full life cycle and enabling environmental sustainability for all Americans. Highly skilled individuals at three NETL research sites – Albany, OR, Morgantown, WV., and Pittsburgh, PA – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to ensure America's security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
As a core member of the project management team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs.
Location: This position is part of a hybrid workforce where our contributors support both remotely and onsite at the government facility. It is anticipated that work will be performed up to 5 days per month at one of NETL’s campuses onsite in Pittsburgh, PA, Morgantown, WV, or Albany, OR. For this reason, only candidates local to these areas will be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Coordinate data preparation, analytics, and presentation to inform Project Managers of project status including deviations to plan and upcoming risks and deadlines.
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods in order to determine and document the effectiveness of technical programs.
- Assist with background research on tasks of varying complexity to include policies, procedures, technical, and other interest areas.
- Assist with analysis of findings to include drafting of reports and recommendations
- Work with team lead to prepare, update, and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), workflow processes, templates, assignments, training materials, checklists, tracking logs, etc.
- Technical writing/editing. Prepare and package weekly and monthly deliverables for submittal.
- Assist with meeting planning, coordination, logistics, recording of minutes, meeting analysis, and post meeting support
- Perform document management on completed deliverables.
- Work with various NETL groups to solve problems, such as IT for computer access.
- Assist with financial tracking including budget, forecasting, and resource management.
- Develop and maintain detailed schedules for projects and ensure activities are clearly defined and measurable.
- Duties may contribute to establishing and defining program plan requirements, delivery timeline, key performance indicators, including monitoring and reporting performance, to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written, to obtain or provide information
- Strong organization skills and the ability to effectively use applicable tools and techniques to communicate with various audiences
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft TEAMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Be able to compose technical and non-technical correspondence and editing.
- Requires practical knowledge of the project management professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- General understanding of industry practices and standards
- Must be able to meet the requirements for gaining access to work on the NETL campus
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Strong coordination skills while balancing multiple assignments in a matrixed organization
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capable of prioritizing tasks while maintaining time management
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Possess experience in the preparation of budgets and tracking, budget and workload projection documents and submission of routine financial status reports
- Ability to prepare audio and visual aids for technical and administrative presentations
- Experience with Project Management/Scheduling tools such as MS Project or Primavera
- 2+ years of experience with activities supporting financial management, communication, and writing.
- Previous experience in a Research and Development environment
- Experience with fundamental accounting practices.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one
- Employee discounts
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
Salary Range for this position: $70K to $90K
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.