The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an RHN/THN SATCOM Trainer. This position will support the CECOM ILSC Field Modernization Division contract performing Training, Curriculum Development, New Equipment Fielding, and Cross Training on complementary systems supporting the Regional Hub Node (RHN). Provide Functional and Technical Support on the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T Inc 1b) Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT), Unit Hub Satellite Terminal (UHST), Linkway Master Reference Terminal (MRT), Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) and Regional Hub Node (RHN) systems.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up RHN systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location .
- Systems includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT), Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
- Initialize systems and perform an analysis of/document system malfunctions and/or integration issues to perform preventative maintenance and ensure full operational compliance of systems.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into RHN systems.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM Regional Hub Node (RHN) systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to RHN training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- Provide classroom, lab, and field instruction to system users.
- Assess students to adapt training content, methodologies, projects and group activities as well as identifying and performing student tutoring as needed.
- Provide a class evaluation documenting unresolved students issues and performance deficiencies for subsequent intervention and follow-up.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors' Degree and 4 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with RHN systems operation and networking.
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience with related WIN-T systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.