Leidos is seeking a Test Lab Manager who will be responsible for the Development and Integration factory environments of Software, Early System Integration Testing, Adaptation and Regression test teams involved with the Federal Aviation Administration’ (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. TBFM technology is part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is committed to enhancing NAS efficiency by using the capabilities of the TBFM decision-support tool, a system already deployed in the contiguous United States. Lab Manager will be responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organization’s overall objectives. Lab manager will provide vision and technical direction to all the areas of the factory Data Center including cooling, HW platforms, Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Network Management, Network Security of Factory environment Systems and transition from the currently deployed system to new Tech Refresh Systems while maintaining normal business rhythms.
Test Lab Manager responsibilities:
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the Test team, Includes interviewing and evaluation candidate new hires.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for Test control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and staff planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Test team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Manage and responsible for full Integration & Test lifecycle activities including development of Test CDRLs (Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, etc.), and integration testing. This includes functional testing, hardware testing, interface testing, and Site Acceptance testing.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to cost, schedule, resource management, and technical aspects of the SE & Test teams.
• Assesses customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and re-craft these multifaceted constituents to re-state the problem and translate into high level system objectives and requirements.
• Establishes and maintains the system baseline.
• Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal requirements to support the design and delivery of the system.
• Establishes architecture baselines and works with the engineering team to allocate requirements to all elements of the system.
• Leads the development of trade-off alternatives evaluating make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and risk using figures of merit.
• Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of concept demonstrations or experiments.
• Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative effects.
• Develops technical performance measurement objectives and produces TPM models to track progress in meeting the performance baseline.
• Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
• Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
• Verifies conformance of the design to specification requirements and the established baseline.
• Produces engineering work products for the system under design to include: network communications hardware, software/platforms, systems, sparing plans, operational parameters, specifications, plans and reports.
• Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates as a whole.
• Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged between the subsystems and external entities.
• Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for migration from a legacy system and for co-evolving components of systems and their integration.
• Works with software engineering to develop and interpret requirements in the context of components and systems.
• Establishes a bills of material (BOM) baseline for software and hardware and defines the inventory management control system.
• Establishes reliability, maintainability and availability objectives and works with RMA engineering disciplines to define solutions to meet these objectives.
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Co-Chairs the Architecture Review board.
• Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of the system being designed.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Enhances the team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
• Requires a BA/BS degree and with a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience, or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience on a large-scale software development program in a software engineering leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Understanding of I&T and Lab configuration management tools and change tracking.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs; especially TBFM
• Background and development experience in ATC Test, Lab Engineering and Data Center Management.
• Prior experience in ATC Test and Lab process and architecture, as well as business rhythm.
• Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all data center environments
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
• Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
• Expertise with various Hypervisors such as KVM, VirtualBox, VMware, Solaris container and SAN management and concepts.
• Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as NFS, DNS, HTTP(S), NIS, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
• Expertise and experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Backup/Restore and Enterprise Storage systems.
• HW and application administration of SW source code, adaptations and customization CM repository systems such as Git and ClearCase/DDTS.
• Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
• Expertise and in-depth knowledge to develop and maintain various Networks (LAN, WAN, & SDWAN)
• Expertise in Static, OSPF and BGP Network routing and multicast protocols
• Expertise in IPv4 and IPV6 with dual stack configurations
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.