Leidos is looking for our next Machine Learning Operations Specialist to work onsite in Bethesda Maryland. If you are interested in developing your skills and deepening your experience related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science, this opportunity is for you! You will support a newly extended program advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics and predictive analytics. You will be delivering cutting edge data science capabilities to advance national security objectives, swiftly produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with actionable intelligence insights.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Work closely with a tight-knit team of data scientists, as well as a larger team of software developers, network engineers, senior investigators, program managers, researchers, and data analysts to design, build, and optimize a Data Science platform to produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations.
- Support data scientists, data engineers, and machine learning engineers working on small projects analyzing a variety of big data covering national security, cyber security, business intelligence, online social media, human behavior and more.
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively find solutions through infrastructure automation and open-source software configuration and deployment to enable and amplify the ability of teammates to make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- B.S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science; or Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree including certificate-based advanced training courses. Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have an active TS clearance and must be able to achieve a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Strong experience with Linux OS system administration
- Strong experience application deployment, configuration, and maintenance
- Proper prerequisites and ability to gain and maintain Privileged User Access (PUA) on the customer’s network
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use algorithms and analytical platforms
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine solutions.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment learning new skills quickly as needed
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Current TS/SCI with CI polygraph clearance
- A significant share of your experience in direct support of military or intelligence community customers, demonstrating progressive technical development and mission-focused outcomes
- Experience supporting data team operations
- An interest in data science, data engineering, or machine learning
- Experience system administration in an on-prem, air-gapped environment
- Deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters and applications
- DevOps and MLOPs
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.