The Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Software Engineer with an active DoD Secret level of clearance to work at our customer site in Tampa, FL or Springfield, VA.
Leverage your skills to help the US BICES-X war fighters achieve their mission. US BICES-X is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
What Will You Do
- Design and code software components units for web-based technologies.
- Design data analytics tools sets
- Perform full spectrum of software development lifecycle to include systems modeling, simulation, analysis, testing and debugging assigned components and units.
- Participate in internal and customer meetings understand requirements, identify unique use cases, and implement information technology solutions / initiatives.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Test and debug assigned components and units.
- Participate in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Maintain all agreed upon professional and technical certifications you have and are given the opportunity to achieve.
What Sets You Apart (job qualifications)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 or more years of software development experience
- A current DoD Secret level of clearance
- An active Security+ certification
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the hardware, software, and systems associated with software engineering.
Travel - Up to 10% travel may be required
Preferred (nice to have)
- Experience developing in C# or other programming language; OOD experience
- Scripting experience
- Experience with Telligent and data analytic design
- Familiar with intelligence toolsets, metadata tagging, solution design patterns, SOA
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, or similar workflow management applications
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.