Leidos is seeking and accomplished Deputy Director to help manage one of the most exciting programs in the company – the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC). The US Antarctic Program manages 3 year-round stations, 2 research vessels and many field camps. There are roughly 150-200 science research projects each year, supporting people movements of 3,000 to and from those stations/vessels/field camps.
The Deputy Director (DD) helps direct the organization, coordinates the organization’s overall effort, and represents Leidos with the National Science Foundation (NSF). The DD interfaces with NSF\OPP Manager of the Division of Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics and the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative. The PD has full management authority and responsibility for all aspects of contract performance and execution, cost, schedule, and technical performance. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of an organizational initiatives, including hiring, staff development, program culture, managing the budget and projects deliverables. The DD will identify project risk and oversee the mitigation strategies. Responsible for satisfying the requirements of ASC customers and has overall responsibility for safety and quality for the contract. Requires an understanding of the criticality to support the science mission (Antarctic Science Program) with seamless integration between operations and research support, including facility and research infrastructure upgrades. Must gain an in-depth understanding of the needs of the ASC mission.
Knowledge of logistics and information to successfully manage and integrate a team into a single operating entity without any disruptions to service.
The DD duties include setting the tasks of the program, setting deadlines and delegating work to team members. Focus on streamlining logistics and operations processes; completion of major upgrades with no impact to the user; application of the latest technology to enhance program performance. Project delivery is a must, safety (protecting life, property, and the environment) is paramount. Scope includes Laboratory Services & Science Support, Communication & Stakeholder Engagement, Communication and Web Services, Planning & Integration, Campus Services and Travel Support, Safety and Medical Services, Transportation and Logistics, Marine Science, Information Technology, and Facilities Maintenance & Recapitalization.
Drive efficiencies into the operations, reducing cost and enhancing capabilities in support of the USAP and scientific research. Will also use a Continuous Improvement methodology to improve the performance of large, complex programs and continually measure performance and refine ASC processes and procedures.
Create and nurture effective communications within the organization. Build a strong team through open communications and by collaborating on decision making responsibilities. Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization strategic objectives and follow through with corrective actions. Diversity and inclusion are at the forefront of Leidos and client priorities.
- Lead program excellence that ensures excellent delivery of products and services to customer
- Effective, proactive relationship-building with clients
- Positive, meaningful participation and leadership in client meetings
- Proactive planning and management of day-to-day program activities
- Manage and track client programs to fit with established budgets
- Participate in strategic assessment and budget/plan development, including development/assignment of team members
- Ability to counsel clients on strategic and tactical recommendations/opportunities
- Provide accurate program forecasting/team assignments
- Effective deadline management and workload prioritization (team-wide)
- Strong Business and personal relationships with key members of influencer communities
- Effective delegation and instruction to team members. This includes setting and communication goals and overseeing work performed by team members to ensure quality product
- Demonstrate ability to support and promote inclusion across an organization
- Be a team player both internally and with client
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, organizational leadership or other related field with experience actively working in a corporate wellness or government program with
- 12+ years’ supervisory experience
- Requires 20+ years’ experience, including 10 years of maintenance and operations with technology attributes with a science mission agency or equivalent, specific focus on safety and mission assurance.
- Experience with managing large construction projects.
- Program management experience of a multi-Billion-dollar program with Corporate Management experience within a large federal agency service provider. Must have significant experience in dealing with contract management issues.
- Experience managing multiple subcontractors
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree
- PMP Certification
- Federal government project experience
- Experience managing 200M+ program
- Experience creating visible culture change for a remote workforce
- Ability to travel to Antarctica
- Located in Centennial, Colorado (relocation assistance provided)
US Citizenship is required.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust government adjudication through an extended background investigation per contract requirements.
Pay Range:Pay Range $213,750.00 - $285,000.00 - $356,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.