As the Senior IT Data Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). You interface with other technical teams, DISA personnel, vendor technical support, and with technical representatives from DoD services. You will work as part of an integrated, cross-platform team to provide military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used for operations. This position is a full time telework role.
You will leverage your understanding of Kafka, NiFi,, Ansible, modern data architectures and Data Streaming to support the design, development, implementation and automation of enterprise level solutions for our DoD customers. You will support requirements analysis, systems design, integration, testing, system deployment automation, and associated documentation. You will also provide tier 3 support for the operations and maintenance of fielded systems.
• Support the software deployments of ETL Tools (preferably NiFi), Kafka and or Confluent Platform across multiple environments
• Support the development of NiFi data flow designs and support NiFi cluster administration
• Support the development and implementation of automation
• Modify existing and/or develop new Ansible scripts for the deployment of Confluent components
• Support the optimizations and tuning of underlying Linux systems (RHEL).
• Support user guide development and training for tier 1 operations teams
• Provide troubleshooting and best practices methodology for escalated issues.
• Support basic operations and management of Kafka and Confluent platforms
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience with Automated Software Deployments using Ansible
• Experience with basic operations and management tasks of Kafka and Confluent Platform.
• Experience with Apache NiFi installation, configuration, deployment, and operations.
• Experience in NiFi data flow design and NiFi cluster administration.
• Working knowledge of common data formats, languages, and transforms such as XML, JSON, JPATH, AVRO, CSV.
• Prior experience with Unix/Linux Systems, preferably RHEL/CentOS (installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting).
• Experience with optimizations and tuning of underlying Linux systems (RHEL).
• U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
• DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
• Experience with enterprise level architecture design and development
• Experience with container technologies
• Experience with multiple scripting/programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, etc.)
• Good Debugging Skills and troubleshooting skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.