Leidos is looking for an IT Help Desk experienced support specialist to support the United States Attorney’s Office in Miami, FL. If you are skilled at IT infrastructure and have experience with user support, this position serves an important role in the overall litigation support of the Department of Justice federal prosecuting attorneys and staff of Miami. . This job requires some local travel (1-2 days/week) on a weekly basis to other offices in the Federal Southern District of Florida.
• Assisting users with various IT related troubles
• Installing and maintaining USAO hardware and software
• Physically moving IT equipment
• Administering user accounts
• Monitoring and diagnosing IT systems
• Actively using trouble tickets to follow issues
• Training district users
• Tracking IT equipment
The User Support Specialist will be required to maintain the utmost level of customer service, responsiveness, communication, and judgement.
Travel to other district offices is required on a regular basis using government provided vehicles.
- Experience providing direct end-user support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and on-site assistance to users.
- Certain applications may require certification by the software provider.
- Prior teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications strongly preferred.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful; should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Prior experience in automated litigation support.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $21.41/hr.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.