The Maritime Solution Systems Portfolio within the Maritime Systems Division (MSD) is seeking Electrical Engineering Deputy Manager to assist the Electrical Engineering Lead in the growth of the Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) electrical engineering team in Lynnwood, WA. The scope of the business activities within this portfolio includes: underwater vehicle systems, maritime sensors, supporting information technology & engineering services for complex maritime applications, development and support of underwater data acquisition and telemetry systems for distributed sensors for ISR, IPOE, SSW and platform signature measurement.
The Electrical Engineering Deputy will support a rapidly growing geographically diverse engineering team by assisting the Electrical Engineering Lead and sub-leads in support of a variety of maritime projects, including undersea vehicles, optical system design, subsea acoustic arrays, and at-sea installation and repair efforts. In the supervisory role, the Deputy Managers will be responsible for mentoring of the electrical staff and sub leads, overseeing and giving junior electrical engineering team performance. The Deputy will support management of teams and programs within the MSD, and supporting proposal efforts.
As a deputy lead, the candidate will have influence in the direction of electrical engineering team to achieve technical excellence- including communicating areas of improvement, successes, and staffing needs in order to improve team functionality in support of various design efforts. Additional typical responsibilities will include:
- Support the management of the electrical engineering team across a portfolio of multi-disciplined maritime programs.
- Coordinate within the Electrical Engineering Lead on the execution of proposals, project staffing, and successful execution of programs.
- Coordinate and oversee analysis and design of maritime systems in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Perform as an electrical engineer supporting execution of multiple, complex maritime projects.
- Develop solutions to maritime systems based on performance specifications, constraints, and external interfaces.
- Prepare and present design review materials for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and tracking of progress in development projects using tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Review specifications, engineering documentation, and detailed designs to provide mentorship and oversight.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the state-of-the-art signal processing technologies for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of advanced signal processing solutions to the full range of maritime missions. The MSD team includes an outstanding group of engineers and scientists, located in Arlington VA, Long Beach MS, Newport RI, Lynnwood and Poulsbo WA, San Diego CA, and other sites around the United States, who support a broad range of activities ranging from advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T customers to provide support for ongoing Navy missions. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development.
- Bachelor of Science and/or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physics, or Math from an accredited college.
- 15 years or greater of prior relevant experience in electrical engineering.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of engineers and mentor junior staff or leads in electrical engineering concepts.
- A willingness to perform management duties, support proposal writing, and provided technical oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires a strong understanding of standards, principles, theories, best-practices, concepts, and techniques in electrical engineering.
- Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team (Mechanical, Production, Systems, and Testing) located in several facilities across the United States.
- Experience on Working Groups/Integral Product Teams (WG/IPT) on several programs of records as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Existing Clearance
- Maritime systems experience greatly preferred.
- Previous experience with Engineering workflow and process for design and development
- Familiarity with design for the marine & subsea environment.
- Familiarity with agency testing standards including Military Standards (MIL-STDs), Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL), and IEEE standards.
- High level of competency in Altium Designer or similar circuit capture tools.
- Strong understanding of electronics concepts including Analog, Digital, Power Systems, or High Voltage Designs
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.