$5K Sign On Bonus and 40 hours of PTO upfront for the right candidate! This position is remote and can be worked from home!
The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic, and resourceful engineer to fill the position of Embedded Systems Engineer. Leidos MSD develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies, and commercial clients.
The position will develop FPGA firmware and software for applications including high-speed, high-channel count data acquisition systems, Ethernet-based communications, and similar embedded systems in current and future development efforts. This is an opportunity to assist in the development, demonstration, and production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems as well as integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms.
This position will support up to a 50% teleworking schedule, with flexible hours, throughout the year. It could also require travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities and government facilities in multiple locations across the United States and possibly the United Kingdom. Initial focus will be supporting various US Navy programs such as the South TOTO Acoustic Measurement Facility (STAFAC) in the Bahamas.
- Develop and test FPGA designs for low-power, high reliability embedded applications
- Support electrical engineering activities including FPGA firmware design, system integration, schematic verification, and hardware testing
- Analyze, design, and implement HDL testbenches in hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog) for design validation
- Assist in integrating subsystems and provide field support for finished systems
- Perform research and development activities in a lab, in the field, or at sea
- Provide support for scientific measurements
- Assist in producing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited program with 2+ years of applicable experience
- Experience with ADC/DAC converters, Ethernet, microcontrollers, FPGAs
- Hands-on FPGA testing and debugging using Xilinx ChipScope (or similar) and lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Familiarity with embedded development using VHDL and/or Verilog, Linux, and C/C++
- Fluency with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs and design tools (Vivado, ModelSim, or Riviera)
- Familiarity bringing up embedded processors (e.g., Xilinx SOC, Microchip PIC)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-level security clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience with Python, Matlab, Microchip PICs, Xilinx FPGAs
- Familiarity with Altium Designer or similar electrical PCB design tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.