$5K Sign On Bonus and 40 hours of PTO upfront for the right candidate! This position will allow someone to work remotely 100% of the time!
The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic, and resourceful engineer to fill the position of Electrical Engineer. Leidos MSD develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients.
This is an opportunity to assist in the development, demonstration, and production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. The position will design electronics used for data acquisition and embedded systems for current and future projects that span advanced concept and prototype development.
This position will support up to a 50% teleworking schedule throughout the year. It will also require periodic travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities and government facilities, in multiple locations across the United States and possibly the United Kingdom. Initial focus will be on support of operations and maintenance activities at the Southeast Alaska Acoustic Measurement Facility (SEAFAC), the South Tongue of the Ocean Acoustic Measurement Facility (STAFAC), the British Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre (BUTEC), and other US Navy programs.
- Develop and test electronic circuit designs (schematic/firmware/digital/analog)
- Perform circuit/system simulations
- Assist in Integrating subsystems and provide field support for finished systems
- Perform research and development activities in a lab, in the field, or at sea
- Provide support for scientific measurements
- Assist in producing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited program with 2+ years of applicable experience
- Experience with analog and digital circuitry design such as op-amp circuits, ADC/DAC converters, microcontrollers
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-level security clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Work well both independently and with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive problem solving
- Willingness to learn and improve skillsets
- Experience with Schematic capture (OrCAD or Altium), Linux command line, Python or C, SPICE simulation, Matlab, Verilog and/or VHDL, Microchip PICs, Xilinx FPGAs, National Instruments LabView
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.