Maritime Systems Division has an immediate opening for a High-Performance Computing (HPC) Application Support Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience in the development and integration of a critical HPC environment. As the HPC Application Support Engineer, you will work alongside our government customer ensuring the successful delivery of this vital capability.
- Manage, deploy, and support applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Work with users to customize applications and development environments to specification
- Work with the team to define and implement best practices
- Monitor internally developed applications for impact to system performance and resource
- Tune applications to optimize performance and reliability of services across the Highperformance Computing (HPC) ecosystem
- Diagnose application problems quickly and effectively
- Automate administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
- Provide backup HPC system administration support
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve software problems
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience and and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Linux/UNIX Systems Administration.
- Experience supporting internally developed applications in C, C++, Java, and Python
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- 5 years of experience supporting HPC applications and development environments on RHEL
- Certifications: Security+, RHCSA or RHCE
- Experience troubleshooting application execution through resource managers such as PBS Pro and Slurm
- Experience with utilities such as Git, Bitbucket, Confluence
- An understanding of code review, compilers, and debugging tools including Intel Parallel Studio,
- GCC, GDB, TotalView
- Experience supporting applications based on CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMPI, OpenMP, IntelMPI
- Experience using tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, and SNMP to monitor systems, metrics, and create dashboards
- Ability to develop and maintain programs and scripts that aid in the operation and automation of administrative tasks and workflows using Bash and Python
- Ability to identify requirements and to define, plan, and implement requisite solutions
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize tasks, and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.